Foods to Avoid With Braces
During your orthodontic treatment, you will have to modify your diet, but just slightly! Don’t worry, you’ll be eating all your favorite foods again sooner than you think! As a good rule of thumb, it’s best to avoid foods that are chewy, crunchy, sticky, and hard.
- Chewy food – licorice, chewy candy, bagels
- Sticky food – caramel, gum
- Hard food – hard candy, nuts
- Crunchy food – popcorn, chips
- Corn on the cob, apples, carrots
Foods You Can Eat With Braces:
- Breads – tortillas, muffins, soft breads
- Grains – pasta, rice
- Dairy – cheese
- Meat, poultry, seafood
- Vegetables – potatoes, most cooked veggies
- Fruits – bananas, applesauce, cut peaches
If you have any questions about what to eat, and what not to eat while wearing braces, feel free to call our office, and we can provide you with more information, and maybe even suggest some braces friendly recipes!